Kids are aliens dressed as little-humans.

Notice how kids today between the age group of 4-10 behave? If being annoying had degrees there has to be a special dedication to the level these kids can reach. I have addressed students in high schools and have actually enjoyed the interaction. But this tiny group of high pitched noise making, nonsense speaking and teary rivulets conjuring, why-ing people are truly put on this planet to reach some sort of a balance. What is on the other side of the balance is still a mystery to me.

Recently I had a conversation with a 9 year old, this is how it went:

Kid: What are you reading?
Me: Law of evidence. (He asked. I told.)
Kid: I finished reading Lord of the rings.
Me: Good.
Kid: How old were you when you read it?
Me: 15 or 16
Kid: I was 8
Me: (Showed thumbs up)
Kid: Ask me anything from the book, I’ll tell.
Me: Who is Frodo’s Best Friend?
Kid: Ask me easy question.
Me: OK so how does the book end?
Kid: Mawmee girl is asking me tough questions. Mawmee girl is asking me nasty questions. Mawmee she is making scary faces at me mawmeeeeee…

Now people around probably thought I had hit the kid or done something to have the kid go hysterical the way he did. Nasty questions bit had me laughing. I would have asked the kid some if I were in one of my evil moods. He actually got off easy.

All kids today are glued to the TV or computer or are gaming. Kids today are so corpulent; they seem to grow wider before they grow taller. I don’t see kids playing gully cricket, lagori or just running about. The summer vacations are still on and yet the streets are deserted. Each generation seems to be getting worse. All they do is imitate adults and I have noticed that parents encourage their kids when they behave that way. Apparently they “think” their kid is smart.

Are kids today born already knowing about – Snow white and the 7 dwarfs, The Little Match Girl (every time I read that as a child I would feel really sad), Gulliver’s Travels, Pinocchio? Or are these stories outdated? I still pick up my Grimm Fairy Tales for a read and I feel cheery after that :)

Comments

mumofason said…
ROLFMAO @ the conversation!!

And yeah i still read fairy tales too! Guess somethings run in the blood after all! Hi five that!!
Sachin Puthran said…
Title reminds me of movie "Martian Child"...
@ Sachin: Hey those iznogoud pages are not available on the net anymore. Couldn't download them :( any other alternatives?

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude