The Girl Gene

It is very amusing when boys try to understand girls. When I say understand I don’t mean the emotional fluctuation which seems absolutely normal for my gender but instead the basic female quirks like clutch purse, impulsive PDA and tampons.


Once my friend and I went gift hunting. While looking through things I noticed my friend had gone missing. I found him near the hand bag section holding a clutch and staring at his image in the mirror. [Honestly: I thought my friend was switching teams.] “How do you girls hold on to these things? I feel like throwing it. Don’t you like having your hands free?” [Some times it is best to shrug off the question and not reply.]


I personally prefer my backpack which I think is very handy and accommodates everything I need. But I do understand that there are certain social occasions that ban faithful bags. In such situations I am compromising enough to carry the appropriate accessory with me.


When I listened to my friend’s millionth break up story [this time he did seem pretty badly burnt.] I gave him a hug. [Because I had run out of things to say.] My generous display of PDA was received with a – “Girl admit it you love me.”


There is a thin line between PDA and PDA. The latter stands for Public Display of Annoyance/Anger [Insert the word which is appropriate in a given situation.]


Then there is a group that is much younger, less corrupted in the mind that discovers a “contraption” called tampons. This immediately leads to questions about it and its usage. How a boy’s mind works in figuring out the various ways to use the same apart from its actual use is interesting. [Very weirdly though.]


Bottom line is, if you have the girl gene clutch bags and tampons are anything but alien. As for PDA, boys should accept it on face value.


P.S: Pulling all night-ers makes me drink more coffee in the morning. The whole idea of staying up is to do some research. When the work is kept aside to gossip with fellow friends conversations take a weird turn. Like why do boys my age watch the Twilight series? Who has read the twilight series? Seriously give me the cash I will invest it on better books. I am sick of vampires/werewolves etc… Fantasies are taking a turn for the worse. The books post J.K.Rowling’s Harry Potter are all desperate attempts to make the blood sucking people and moon loving canines more real. But unfortunately they offer nothing new. Twilight is to teenagers what desperate house wives is to women over 30. This curiously leaves us women/girls who have lived for 23 years on this planet wondering what they should read or what they should watch. Limbo.


P.P.S: Watching the twilight saga is NOT the answer to understand girls or boys for that matter. [Ah haan, heard a teenage couple say they now love each other more thanks to twilight!]


P.P.P.S: It is weird how the mind can retain the weirdest pieces of conversations that are heard in the passing.

Comments

The Explorer said…
:-D
i was simply curious.
and im not THAT much younger, i mean 3 years?
that isnt too much.
iamuniv said…
any clue of the Ostrich here? :P
@Explorer: Curiosity is good :) Once you graduate you feel you've aged over night.[It is so in my case.] So anybody currently in school/college is just oh so young :)

@Vinu: You'll have to read every post on this blog to find clues about the Ostrich and if ever i am in the right mood i might dedicate a post to the bird. Keep reading :P

And remind me to strangle KT next time please. Thank you.
mumofason said…
:D Devru's analysis was downright entertaining :) read that on FB.

Yes clutch bags, tampons and what not else will always remain an enigma to guys.

As for understanding the ways of the girlie mind, we'll there's more to us than meet's the eye. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude