Anger is a friend

[Listening to “Trouble is a friend” by Lenka hence the title.]


The general theme of my blog is my obvious dislike for people and the underlying anger towards “people”. I dislike a lot of people [I know] but I won’t deny that there are some [even if it is just a few.] that I like a lot. I think I may even love some that I like. So, I am going to explain the dislike part.


Fact- I am not a person who can tolerate people for too long. This definitely puts me directly in other people’s “Don’t like” list, which is absolutely fine by me.


I don’t like people who are hypocrites, thoughtless, unoriginal, cunning, conniving, cruel, clingers… [It is a very extensive list which need not necessarily be exhaustive.] Since I can go on grouping them I have divided people into two groups – the ones I like and the ones I don’t like. It is simple and clean. Basically everyone I know makes it to one of the two lists. The rest of the people on this planet go under the category of people I don’t know.


Apart from making such a juvenile classification it is time to make a juvenile confession. I take people for granted. I use them as punching bags. Clubbed with this attitude is a temper. My worst flaw is my anger. I can control my rage in front of my enemy but not in front of people I like. So these people I like are unfortunately the ones who get to see the worst in me. I am not joking about my temper. I consider it a serious issue. I do. It is the one thing that I haven’t learnt to control. Okay I have definitely improved over the years but there is definitely room and need for more improvement.


These people I like, like me back. Which makes me wonder as to why they like me or why they tolerate me? After an outburst I know my friend will still be my friend. I have lost a few friends along the way, but the ones that remain have some weird absurd affinity towards me for which I am extremely thankful.


I wish I could throw my temper out of the window. I am trying, really trying. This post is dedicated to a friend who has been most amazingly patient and of course to all my other friends who have had the unfortunate experience of seeing a very red me.

Comments

mumofason said…
I don't think there is anything juvenile about the way you've classified the people in your life. Makes things much more simpler this way. After all, black or white not grey hold's good anyday, and the sooner one clears out things into either zone , the better. You've done that.Kudos gal.
The Explorer said…
everything's flawed.
that's what makes them all so much more interesting.
but you are ready to face the fact.
which is important.
:-D

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude