la musique - est indispesable dans ma vie

Music is an integral part of my life. My day begins and ends with music. I wake up and put on my music, listening to one track has me completely awake and then I go about the rest of the day. I listen to music when I ride my activa. I have music on when I am studying, working, blogging, reading - all most at all times. Though there are times when I do need some quiet around me [this phase can span from 2 minutes to more than 24 hours.]

As a teenager I went through the “Boy Band” phase, I’d love to erase that bit about my history. But then again if people haven’t gone through that phase I’d consider them god or aliens. Of all the genres that are there, I hate hip-hop. For two reasons (a) I never understand the lyrics (b) Songs – the lyrics of which I do decipher make no sense! For example Sean Paul’s song Temperature I can’t understand his gibberish and here is an earnest attempt to understand the man.

My latest discovery after Sigur Ros is Faudel. An Algerian artist who belongs to Raï genre. This music is very popular among the Arab nomads. It is considered to be one of the most revolutionary forms of protest by Arabs against colonization by Europeans and is also an attempt to liberalize the youth. The songs talk about many things – youth, wine, women [Rubiyat of Omar Khayam :)] and basically living life on the edge but incredibly they have managed to put forth their ideas in a non-vulgar manner which is probably why they are so popular.

My favorite Chebs are Cheb Khaled and Cheb Mami. Of course Khaled is most popular for his songs Aicha, Didi, El Harba Wine, and El Arbi. Mami hit the big times with his most popular song to this day – Desert Rose [Featuring Sting]

Dis- moi by Faudel is numero uno in my current track list. For as long as I can remember I have been going to sleep with music on. Music is like lullaby of sorts.

Comments

mumofason said…
Very very identifiable post I must say ;)

I've often had Dt's change of seasons rock me to sleep and the song is 23:08 minutes long!

Nothing beats the power of music surely!
You MUST listen to Azwaw by Cheb Mami, you might like it. I like 'wait for sleep' by DT from their album Images and words :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude