What happens when people with jobs pretend to be jobless? [Or could they really be jobless?]

When one has a complaint about something it is natural that they will approach an authority who they presume is duty bound to take care of the complaint. But what does one do when the complaint is not taken seriously? I unfortunately have a very low threshold for patience. Me complaining to authorities is rare, but when I do it is always about something serious, things that actually matter and need immediate attention. Unfortunately the system here is that unless you make your complaint heard thrice or preferably more number of times you’ll probably have some response. I couldn’t give a rats tail about authority if they are not capable of doing their job. They are being paid from the taxes we pay right? We are further paying them to look into a matter we have put before them. But nothing can make them budge except a hefty bribe. I don’t want to a pay a bribe. If they are too lazy to do anything about the problem, I have no intentions of letting things pass. I have my own ideas about remedying the matter and I’ll just go ahead with it. Later if I get blamed for taking matters into my own hands I can defend myself by saying that I approached the rightful person but they were too busy and I needed to clear things up due to paucity of time and being a reasonable and good citizen I did what was right by the book. I did what the authority would have done except that I managed to cut cost by one thirds in doing the same the only glitch being that I did not have the authority’s consent. Am I in trouble? I hope I am.


Why can’t people just do their job? Why do they insist on being lazy? Why do people take it for granted that a bribe is around the corner? If each one did what ever job was designated to them and did so righteously we wouldn’t have half the problems in our country. Which sane person would waste time coming to the authority again and again? These people empathize with our problems but they have their own problems which are far more pressing than ours. OK. So if you have so many problems, you shouldn’t be here!

In another instance, I had to re apply for my ATM card because my old card was eaten up. My dad said he’d talk to the bank manager and get it done. My dad and he are friends. But I wanted to do it my self, but my dad insisted I have the manager’s number just in case. I went to the bank spoke to the woman at the ATM counter who had the applications but she wanted explicit details of how I lost my card. I had to explain to her that the machine swallowed it and decided to go out of order the next second. So she directed me to another man who dealt with complaints about the ATM machine, now no amount of explaining would make the lady understand that I wasn’t complaining about the machine but just needed a new card. I went to this man and he said I must make a written complaint and directed me to another person. [There was a game we used to play as kids, one had to go to each person ask a question and the answer would direct them to the next person and so on till they finally revealed the answer. The trick was to ask the person who would lead you to the answer quickly. The lesser number of people = lesser number of clues= more points] I felt I was playing the same game here. Only difference was I had the number of the player who would get me the answer quickly. I called up the manager who was due at the bank and as soon as he came the lady I first approached gave me my application filled and ready to be executed. I’d just have to go home wait for the mail to get my card or visit the bank after a week to collect it. I chose to get it via mail.


People just like making people run all over the place- completely clueless or they just don’t want to do their job. Hrmph :x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude