Here comes the rain tu du du du

Mysore churned up the best hail storm ever and what timing! Today it was awesome! Till this evening all the windows in my room and study were open to defy the stifling heat so you can imagine when the storm broke out I had hail stones crashing on the floor from all the windows. The winds had gone berserk and there was no clear direction for the rain. Closing the windows was such a task. If it were left up to me I’d probably have left the windows open and allowed the rain water to flood the house but since I am not the only inhabitant here and I have parents to answer to, I couldn’t really do that. I have a very bad habit of leaving my books under the bed instead of on it so my books were slightly damaged nothing that the iron box can’t remedy but I don’t like it when the books look all puffed up and wavy and I most definitely dislike the water mark. :( It was nice while it lasted, but the aftermath needed lots of cleaning. We don’t have gulmohur trees on our street but I had a whole bunch of really damp flowers on my floor followed by loads of dead insects. Cleaning that up and finally assessing the damages to my “oh so materialistically material things”, Fenny and I decided to step out to see what the rest of the colony looked like. Power lines were effected, several trees have been up-rooted people are already clearing up the roads so I guess the roads will be completely cleared of any sign of the down pour. Apparently the city side just experienced heavy down pour for a while sans the action we witnessed here with lids of over head water tanks crashing against the pots in a neighbor’s house, broken window panes and many pretty gardens damaged. The colony has been constructing a pool for the past 7 years and as of now there is just one huge crater like thing in its place I still call it the “pool” when I pass it, but today it actually looked like one uninviting muddy pool. So it’s a pool that isn’t really a pool and yet looks like a pool. Despite the supposed damage the place looks so clean, the leaves on the trees are not dusty the houses look like they have been scrubbed thoroughly and the air smells so good. I love monsoons. Rains are super! I hope it rains heavily for the next few days to wipe out all traces of summer.

Title courtsey The Beatles- Here comes the sun

P.S: Shame on Royal Challengers Bangalore :( what a miserable score and what miserable play. Sheesh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude