PDA [not] to the rescue :(

During weddings and other personal gatherings there is always an excess of Public Display of Affection. Everyone is hugging, kissing, holding hands and there is an effusive amount of mush flowing amongst all the guests. PDA is like a creeper curling around tightening as it goes up completely squishing the lungs of any air making me claustrophobic even though I know that there is an opening to escape.

The mush flowing was directly proportional to the amount of bubbly going around the guests at my friends wedding. Having been friends form childhood I knew most of the guests and after being extremely polite I decided I needed air and was heading out of the hall and at that very moment I saw my French teacher who I had been avoiding for over a year. I knew she had seen me too, I had to do some fast thinking but all the love in the room had clouded my brains. *think* When no brilliant idea came to my rescue, I just went over and gave my teacher a hug and a peck on the cheek and a smile, like I hadn’t been avoiding her at all. Unfortunately for me, she has known me since I was a toddler and my fake love was totally lost on her.

My friend who had seen the scene was just shaking her head, what could I have done? Pretended to be invisible, try and pretend to be a part of the furniture or just *poof* become invisible?

I was just about to leave the room anyway when some other friends spotted me and before I knew it I was being hugged and pecked on the cheek and was being asked when I’d be marrying. People are so lucky I had cut my nails or I would have clawed at them. Weddings sure are crazy. It’s like walking into a singles bar. I am passing off all future invites to weddings and I have every intention to elope. No fanfare and people around me on my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude