Blogging about a blogger

I started following this blogger’s blog from 31st. It’s strange the kind of blogs that get me interested in reading them. This guy has written a lot about prison reforms and what got me interested was the matter of fact way in which he posts his arguments and for a min he even had me wanting to change my mind about my views on capital punishment.

I googled him and read his interview. I re read the interview and he reminded me of so many fictional characters all at once. The fact that he murdered someone and showed no remorse for his actions, went to prison for the same and came out of the place as a front man for prison rights is astounding. When I read his blogs I couldn’t imagine him as being a murderer. But when I read the interview it made me skeptical. The interview made me think of him as an unrepentant criminal. Talk about being confused.

Finally I guess all he really is doing is protecting himself. It’s clear when he says, “your life sentence only begins the day you get out."

(I never saw it that way.)

Comments

ravi said…
“your life sentence only begins the day you get out."

Reminds me of "Shawshank Redemption," not just getting institutionalised but also you lose your identity, however skilled you may be, it doesn't count. All that counts is your new identity as "the incarcerated". :(

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude