Sports, Politics and Misc.

Sigur Ros is an amazing band. My brother got me to listen to them. Hoppipolla is my favorite track as of now. I have 7 reports to submit. I don’t think I’ll be doing it till the last minute because the last minute rush of getting everything done and actually completing is more satisfying than having worked on each report individually treating each one as the most precious creation on the planet. Plus I am at my best when my head is totally muddled. Finding clarity in chaotic situations is far more rewarding than analyzing each word without making any progress. That is probably because when one has more time one becomes overly analytical putting even the most insignificant of things under the microscope and analyzing the same as if trying to find some hidden meaning. Where as last minute work usually gets me to attack all the necessary points and come up with decent arguments. The lack of time probably helps one notice the most important things. Ah to each his own I guess.

The election campaigning is going on in full force. The security check points are the most “happening” places as of now. As I have to pass one of these points everyday at least four times, the authorities just let me pass. It’s around this time that money and liquor are exchanged between civilians and prospective MLA’s. When I was waiting for my turn to pass the security guard one of the vans that had been pulled over suddenly made a ‘U’ turn and sped. Soon the Garuda van with its blaring siren was chasing the van. What happened next? I don’t know.

I took 45 minutes to get home instead of the usual 20. Mothers are programmed to worry. Fathers are programmed to ask questions and when I couldn’t tell him which party the miscreant belonged to I got the “probably the party that you support did it, so you aren’t telling me” look from him. My dad and I don’t discuss politics. It usually ends with us giving each other the silent treatment.

April is going to be one hectic month. What with IPL, Elections and my tests. I still cannot decide on which team to support during IPL. I so want Royal Challengers to do well. I’ll probably support them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude