๐Ÿ’‹Lip Care Haul!๐Ÿ’‹





Smile, that’s the second best thing you can do with your lips! Haven’t we all heard that! I have used lip balms since school. Every winter I’d have a tube of the Vaseline lip balm in my bag because I had the tendency to peel off dry skin off my chapped lips. Ridding off the habit in its early days proved to be a good thing. One thing I have learnt growing up is that one must never let their fingers wander over their face. Period.

As you grow up you find yourself being in possession of more than one hand bag and then you convince yourself that each bag needs its own deodorant, lip balm, lipstick, comb, tissues etc.

There came a time when a nosy woman at a gathering had observed me on several occasions taking a new balm out and priming my lips. She believed I needed an intervention and told me that lip balms in-fact make lips drier and they are meant to do exactly that so that people like me keep buying them. Now, I should have just shrugged her words off but you see I was young and naรฏve and I asked myself how many lip balms I have? That was enough for me to dis away all my balms. I actually went without lip balms for a year! Let me tell you, that was the stupidest decision.

First of all – if your skin is dry, you moisturize it. You don’t just moisturize it but eat and drink right to keep yourself hydrated. This layer of oil that you put on your skin is to prevent it from getting dry from the outside. It is absolutely OKAY to do that. Look back in time – people used to use coconut oil to take care of dry skin or ghee for chapped lips. People have been using modes and means to protect their skin for ages and you and I are just lucky to have them packed as beautifully as they do these days. That’s all.

Here are some of my favorite lip balms –
Nivea Lip care – This is my go-to lip balm. I like a little tint in my lip balms because they make my lips look a little shiny. These balms have proven to be my favourites over the years and I highly recommend them for daily use. They keep my lips moisturized for 3 hours straight and require reapplication after I have eaten something. I love these because they also smell good. The blackberry stick pictured is my favourite and I love how it smells.
Product Price: INR 575/- (For the 3 set combo)
My Rating: 4/5
Recommend:Yes, this is one of the best economical lip balms that’s out there.

The Body Shop Mango Butter - This lip balm doesn’t just smell good, it also tastes good. I use this when I feel my lips are excessively dry. This has a lasting power of almost 5 hours.
Product Price: INR 245/-
My Rating: 4.9/5
Recommend:Yes. This though is slightly higher in price hence use your discretion.
                                                                                          
The Nature’s Co. Cherry lip balm – Thanks to GlamEgo we got this little tube of absolute goodness. I have special love for Nature’s Co. products because they do exactly what they say. I apply this lip balm overnight because I hate waking up to dry lips. I like how they make me feel in the morning. So far it has the highest lasting power of about 7 hours.
Product Price: INR 495/-
My Rating: 5/5
Recommend: I admit that its price is steep but I absolutely love it!

Island kiss – First of all this product also came to me through the GlamEgo subscription. While there were a lot of complaints about the April Box with regard to the Nelf compact and the Tjori anti tan pack I had a serious complaint about this balm because most of it had leaked when I got the product. I was disappointed about the delay in the arrival of my box and even more so with the products and the condition it was in. Putting all of that aside, this lip balm is very nice and does moisturize your lips and it also has a lasting power of about three hours. The shade I got is vanilla and it only has a slight shine.
Product Price: INR 399/-
My Rating: 4/5
Recommend:Not really, because I like the other three products much better than this.

Neemli Lip Scrub - I was saving the best for last! I was first introduced to this product last July in the Glamego box and I loved it because you need the teeniest bit of this scrub for it to work on your lips. I take the smallest amount on my little finger and scrub my lips. It is gentle and leaves an oily film on your lips. It helps take of your lipstick and without much rough scrubbing. That’s why I love this the most. It’s a scrub that doesn’t require a balm after use.
Product Price: INR 250/-
My Rating: 4.9/5
Recommend:If you love applying lipsticks all too often then this scrub is mandatory for your make up removal routine!

Ladies and gentlemen, on a final note  - remember, your lips need care because you need to keep them soft and happy to do the best thing lips are meant to do!๐Ÿ˜—

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude