Cold Vegetable Salad

Salad with Khakra!

I love making salads. Ever since I was a kid my mum has made it a point to serve salads for us and that habit of eating raw vegetables has caught on to a point where if there is no salad I slice cucumbers and have them with my food.

I came up with this recipe one day when I was just contemplating making vegetable juice. I used to take apple cider vinegar with a cup of water everyday but hated the taste. I thought maybe I should just add it to fresh vegetable juice. But I just couldn’t bring myself to use a mixer early in the morning. Hence, that idea got canned and this salad idea was born.

Ingredients:

1 Carrot
1 Radish
1 Cucumber
1 Capsicum
1 Potato
1 White onion
½ Cup moong sprouts
½ Cup methi sprouts
A fistful of groundnuts



Salad Seasoning:

¼  Tsp chaat masala
¼  Tsp coriander powder
¼  Tsp jeera powder
¼  Tsp pepper powder
¼  Tsp salt
¼  Tsp fennel seeds

Salad Dressing:

3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp honey

Method:


1.     Chop potato into small bite size pieces and boil with ground nuts.
2.     Chop onion and capsicum into half and thinly slice it.
3.     Grate carrot, cucumber and radish.
4.   Add all of them in a plastic or glass bowl along with the sprouts. Sprinkle seasoning and top it with the dressing. Refrigerate it and serve it chilled.

Notes:


·  Use glass/plastic bowl because you don’t want vinegar reacting to your kitchenware.
·    You can add corn pellets, paneer, beetroot, zucchini, tofu, pomegranate to your salad. I keep varying the ingredients depending on what’s in the fridge.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi ..kindly suggest some smoothie /juice recipes to beat the heat. Thank you
Shanthi Pai said…
I love this salad that you make, put up more "summer" recipes☺️
Bob said…
Hello! Thank you for your comment :) And we are always happy to oblige our readers :D
Bob said…
Hello! Yes, we are going to bring you some fun recipes and posts in the coming weeks. We hope you enjoy them :D

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude