Lost and Found

For almost the whole of this academic year I haven’t felt like a part of this college. I have been here for over 4 years and yet I feel no sense of belonging. No emotional attachment to this place. Just pure joy of graduating in two and a half months. I don’t know if it is me or the people in this place. I have asked myself if I ever gave this place a chance. I think I did, if not completely definitely in parts.

All the friends I did make have graduated. I can count them on my fingers. It was when I was with them that I didn’t feel completely lost. Last year I knew when two of my most loved friends were graduating that the final year would be unbearably sad. There has been only one other thing that has kept me afloat in this college – Mooting. I voluntarily retired from mooting in September, but it’s so addictive I had to go for one last moot.

We started researching for a moot this Monday. While working on the moot I feel like I belong here. Even if it is only for a while it’s nice not to feel lost all the time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That was exactly how I felt in college. I remember thinking that the institution was like a caricature of what it was intended to be. Most of the students had all their innate curiosity, joy, and innocence drilled out of them. I was incredibly happy to be out of there!
mumofason said…
Talk about finding your own niche? Go Mooter! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude