Walking Away From Temptation - Part Deux


We’ve hit the halfway mark in 2018 and with that we bring you five chocolates/candy that we’ve tried in these past 6 months. I mentioned candy as I tend to eat a lot of those as well. We had previously written about a chocolate round up from 2017 - Walking away from temptation Part 1. You can check that post after you read this as the chocolates listed here are mostly desi or are available on Amazon Pantry.

After Eight: After Eight mint chocolate thins by Nestle have been a favorite at our home as we are very partial to slivers of chocolate with a filling in them. I especially like the combination of chocolate and mint and mint choco chip is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. These little bite sized squares are just the right size to savor after a meal.

Fuse: When I first heard of Fuse by Cadbury, I thought it was a desi rip off of Snickers. They even have the same concept for their ads – hunger turns one into a diva. When I did try it though, I loved it. The concept is really close to what Snickers is but it doesn’t taste like Snickers as it has its own individuality. It also does what it says - an entire bar is as good as a feast.

5 Star 3D: This is a chocolate that is trying too hard. It is a combination of the original 5Star + Barone + Crackle. I love these three chocolates individually but not combined into an entire bar. There’s just too much happening for me to enjoy it all. Plus I found it to be a tad bit too sweeter than usual and that was a big minus for me. Chocolates should be just the right amount of sweet and not overtly sweet because then it just ruins your palate because that level of sweetness drives me to drink plenty of water.

Charms Lollipop: Lulu and I were reminiscing about Mr.Pops when I told her I am reviewing this lollipop. I don’t think there ever will be a lollipop that will beat Cadbury’s Mr.Pop. I like sour candy, so I couldn’t wait to try the sour apple gum pop. The candy tasted delicious and the gum was yummy for about 10 minutes and then chewing it was a tough jaw exercise and I just gave up. I like gum pops but I don’t like it if the gum is so hard that your jaw aches just trying to chew the sweetness out of the gum but the candy was spot on.

Home Made chocolates: I stayed at my aunt’s last week and my cousin’s wife had made some amazing chocolates. My aunt gave me a box full of those and boy! Were they good! Considering the fact that they are homemade, these chocolates were light, just the right amount of sweet and so perfectly ‘melt in the mouth’. I will be asking my cousin’s wife for the recipe so we can have it up on the blog.

Of all the chocolates I reviewed, for me it has been a tie between – After Eight and the homemade chocolates.

Do you make chocolates at home? Do you have a recipe to share? Let us know!

Comments

Sweet said…
after eights for me.... and if the home made chocolates have baileys...Im partial to them too.
Bob said…
Haha...they didn't. But hey, we did write a post on Anthon Bergs! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude