Nelf Horror Show! 👻



First of all this review was not planned and I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to write one about it. Anyhow, here I am writing this post about a compact gone pastry. Pastry sounds nicer than cakey. I was using Maybelline’s compact and that worked fine for me and also lasted me a really long time. I could see the base of my compact box showing and that’s why I was hoping we’d get a compact in our April GlamEgo box.We did.

Here’s the thing though, at whatever point of time irrespective of how many times you’ve used a product it is always better to test it every time. I didn’t test the Nelf compact because the Nelf primer we got in February Glamego box was so amazing I really didn’t see why their compact wouldn’t be just as good and used it on my face on a pretty important day! I had applied it on my face at 11-ish in the morning and as the day progressed the compact just started doing what it ought not to.

You’ve all read our post on, “What’s in my hand bag?”right? People who know me personally will tell you that I don’t go anywhere without tissues/handkerchiefs. Yet on that important day I carried none. (Dramatic thunder noises for impending suspense.) When I sat in the cab, I looked in the mirror and I was horrified at how my face had caked up. Pointlessly I looked in my bag for wipes and tissues and found none! I did the one thing I could do, I started dabbing my face with the back of my hand hoping that I could somehow salvage the situation. While all this drama was happening, there was a sole spectator to this entire show – M. Now, M is a boy. Enough said.

The next day was a new day and I decided to ditch the compact. Except when I met M in the morning, he asked me if I always wear as much make up as I did the previous day. I knew what was coming. This is why I think men should very gently tell women, “Dude would you like my hanky, it may have my sweat but you could still use it to prevent yourself from looking like a pale ghost.” Or at least let them know that the situation calls for damage control so we can buy a pack of tissues but nah.

What M and I decided is that he’ll let me know hereon onwards. Here is the thing though, on a day when I didn’t have to step out, I re-did the entire routine:
1.     Cleanse face.
2.     Tone.
3.     Apply primer.
4.     I mix my bb cream, moisturizer and glo together because even the basic bb cream makes me look ‘white’.
5.     Concealer.
6.     Seal it with compact.

Yet as time passed the ghost reappeared. This hasn’t happened before and I know I have followed the steps correctly. Has Nelf been cakey on your face too? Am I doing something wrong? See my confidence dipping? 

Product Price: INR 350/-
Shade: Ivory
Rating: 1/5 (Subject to change if I realise I actually did something wrong.)
Recommend: I don’t know ya. I really don’t.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude