Chinti Manus and Hadda baai

Image courtesy Wikipedia


In the Marvel Comic Universe the superheroes lose their temper, doubt themselves, are funny, moody and sometimes ‘in your face’. That’s exactly how the human race is. I like how Marvel universe has always portrayed its characters to be more than do-gooders. They have given into temptation, they’ve had difference of opinions and yet at the end of the day they get back together. I have found adulthood to be exactly that. As adults we have our own opinions and we don’t have to agree with each other but that doesn’t mean we still can’t be friends and civil with each other. MCU gives adults a fair share of life lessons while the kids enjoy the CGI and stunts. Every time I watch an MCU movie I go home feeling satisfied because then I am not questioning myself and wondering if I am really a nice person.

Yesterday I watched Ant Man and The Wasp with my friends. We loved it! In 2015 we were left with Captain America and Falcon talking with Falcon telling Cap that he “knows someone”. If you have watched Captain America: Civil War, you’ll know that Lang is under house arrest. The movie begins with Lang having just 3 more days before his sentence is up. Lang in the past two years has gotten closer to his daughter and is learning magic to entertain her. During one of the father-daughter in-house adventures Lang’s foot pushes through the picket fence thereby setting off the alarm on his ankle monitor. In no time the Feds arrive to check his home and we are introduced to Agent Woo who has his suspicions about Scott. Parallelly Hope and Hank are working on the possibility that Janet is still alive except they need to figure out a way to reach her. When they do, it is Scott who wakes up from a strange dream and that little dream sets the story in motion. This is where S.H.I.E.L.D agents come in. Two of the S.H.I.E.L.D agents who worked with Hank previously come back in different manner, one to haunt Hank and Hope’s progress in building a tunnel to reach the quantum realm and the other as a voice of reason. It is this bit that reinforces my faith in the MCU – we are the sum of all the experiences we have had.

In order to build the tunnel, the Pyms need certain parts for their tunnel and turn to Sonny Burch who is their doorway to black marketed materials except he’s caught on to the fact that the Pyms are on to something bigger and wanting to dip his finger in the pie, offers Hope 1B$ for whatever it is that they are working on which of course ensues in some action and Wasp’s entry!

This time around the movie has upped its quality in terms of action sequences and I love how they have utilized the characters to their full potential. There isn’t a moment of, “Why aren’t you using your powers now!”

Cassie is a little older. She’s known her dad was the Ant-man and in this movie also appears as a kid who is mature for her age and is also the force that urges him to help the Pyms.

S.H.I.E.L.D, Pyms, Black marketers, FBI agents, the 3 Wombats and ANTS all make this movie fantastic. Also may I just say I love, love, love, Luis sequences in the movie and they are funnier this time around especially when he is having an argument with Divian Ladwa. (Don’t know who he is? Haven’t you watched LION after reading our review on it? Tsk tsk.)

The story is about a rescue mission where it isn’t just about bringing back someone who’s been gone for 30 years but also about what that kind of time in the quantum realm could do to a person. I wish I could say all ends well but the fact is that I don’t know!

I had theories after watching infinity war and now I am a little lost but I know if I re watch all the movies from the past 3 years I will accumulate more clues and will have my theory in place by November. Talking about November, the Venom posters are already up!

I love how MCU movies end, with an emphasis on ‘.’ and ‘?’. MCU is basically encouraging little kids to understand punctuation better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude