Soya Chunk Manchurian!🍲



My aunt is an enthusiastic follower of our blog and is constantly suggesting new recipes for me to try. She actually waits for me to make them and after I share my excitement of the dish being a success, she tries it out as well. My parents are my critics and they are both enjoying the multitude of dishes that are being prepared every week. Here is another piece from my “experimental” cooking saga!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of soya chunks
1 medium capsicum
1 medium onion
½ inch ginger finely chopped
6-7 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 ½ Tbsp green chili sauce
1 ½ Tbsp soya sauce (dark)
1 ½ Tbsp tomato sauce
2 Tbsp Chings hot sauce
1 Tbsp oil
1 cup water
Salt

Method:

1. Soak soya chunks in hot water for 10 minutes then drain and squeeze the water out of the chunks and set aside.
2. Dice the onions and capsicum and set aside.
3. In a pan heat oil and add ginger, garlic and saute on medium flame, till they turn slightly brown.
4. Now add onions and saute till they are a translucent pink.
5. Add the capsicum and stir for a minute then add all the sauces. To this add cornstarch and mix well and add water.
6. When the water gets to the thick soupy consistency add the soya chunks. Ensure that the water submerges the chunks for even cooking.
7. Cook the chunks with the lid on for about 10 minutes if you want it dry.


Notes:

1. If the chunks are too big once you squeeze out the water cut the chunks in halves.
2. You can add finely chopped chilies for added spice.
3. Be careful when adding salt as all the sauces contain salt. Taste and assess.
4. You can garnish it with spring onions. I didn’t as I had run out of them.
5. All sauces I used are Ching's.

Happy cooking!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude