Mônd’sub Charcoal Peel Off Face Mask



I love face masks/packs because every time you use a face mask the after effects are just so nice – the skin feels smooth, supple and well moisturized. Just because I love masks doesn’t mean I indulge in it often because face masks do require a bit of patience and work. Thus, when Lulu introduced me to sheet mask I just about chucked everything else aside. One just has to wash their face, apply toner and then put on the mask sheet and go about their work and take it off after 20 minutes or so and the routine is complete whereas all other masks require measuring, contemplating ingredients, mixing, applying, washing off, post care and all the mess that needs to be cleaned after!

When we got the Mônd’sub charcoal peel off mask in our March GlamEgo box I wasn’t too pleased because I am a scaredy cat when it comes to peel off masks. I love watching people standing in front of cameras and taking off their peel off masks and bawling their eyes out and complaining how horrible the experience is. Why would I volunteer myself to such torture? I gently pushed the box back to the far end of my cabinet and forgot about it until…one day.

My mom has blackheads and she wanted to try a charcoal mask and we were talking about the masks we have between us and deciding which one to use when the peel off mask resurrected its presence in my life. Thereafter I spent an entire day telling my mom exactly how painful the experience can be. I told her, “Even if you don’t have a hairy face, the fine hairs get removed and that in itself is painful, we should stick to mask sheets.” Amma said, “Excellent! Blackheads and fine hairs gone in one stroke!”  Nothing I said deterred my mom from wanting to try the mask. You should know Amma and I follow our mask rituals together because it’s boring to do it alone.

I called up Lulu and told her how petrified I was of using the mask. Often times I have found that Lulu has sound reason. She asked me to do a patch test and gave me a tip – “If you apply it thick, peeling off won’t be as painful as peeling off a thin layer also avoid hairy region of your face.


With that in mind Amma and I tried the mask on our nose and chin. I don’t have blackheads and I imagine that I have white heads but Amma had blackheads on her nose and guess what! The blackheads were gone and her nose looked so shiny!

This peel off mask contains volcanic mud and charcoal powder, which has powerful penetration and can rapidly penetrate into the bottom of the skin, thoroughly cleaning skin pores making the skin look more clean and bright. The added arbutin extract, prevents melanin precipitation and keeps the skin whiter, brighter and beautiful. (Please let’s ignore the racist – whiter bit, as I am just typing what’s written on the box. Also note I am just as brown as I was before using the mask albeit a little shiny.)

The “caution” on the box says to use the mask 3 times per week. Ahem… I don’t know if it is okay to say this. I don’t like the idea of stretching ones skin on a regular basis unless you are planning on saving up money for Botox later. I would recommend this once or twice a month and prescribe to the regular masks and face packs in between.

Tips and notes:
  • If you do have hair on your face and are finding it difficult to remove the mask, use warm water to wash off the mask.
  • I know this is an obvious tip but avoid mask on eyebrows. A YouTuber actually put it on her eyebrows!
  • Indulge in peel off masks cautiously. Constant tugging will cause wrinkles and make your skin hang and you don’t want that.


My rating:4/5
Recommendation:Please indulge with caution.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude