The Black thumb and a truce.

The Black thumb has cast its shadow over the peaceful existence of my computer again. But no this time it wasn’t a virus attack. Instead my computer just keeps booting and I have to reset the configuration every time I switch it on. I decided to restore the system by creating a restore point – that didn’t work. Then I decided to manually tinker with the configuration which was decently helpful. Now while I was cursing my thumb and the computer I couldn’t help but wonder why I am so attached to this machine. Granted that it helps me keep in touch with my friends, I get a lot of work done sitting in one place. The whole concept of everything being a click away is also not lost on me. But I like interacting with people when I “see” them. The whole chatting with people creates a block when I finally meet these friends of mine face to face. It is not just me even they feel the need to break the ice. The whole idea of actually talking to person face to face is soon becoming a faded memory of the past. At times like this when the machine [I need to use the term “machine” to detach myself from any emotion that links me to my computer. See the irony? I actually like this blessed invention.] starts getting cranky I feel like murdering it. Though the term murder is not appropriate I sadly feel connected to this machine and may be just may be I have started depending on it for over so long that not having it functioning even if it were merely for hours has me in a frenzy.


But when I see the amount of time I spend on my computer I realize that it is not really an integral part of my life. I need it for a specific purpose and that is about it. I just wish it would not get all cranky when I most need to work.


I don’t use calculators I prefer doing my own math calculations. I even like memorizing phone numbers. I belong to the group that reads number plates and says “Ah number and its perfect square”, “Sum of the first and fourth number equals the second and third digit.” Number plates are interesting. I also prefer face to face talking. I personally find it easier to figure what is going on in someone’s mind when I talk to them instead of reading a reply to the chat. Honestly there are some things that you just cannot type out. Some things need to be spoken and not written. Machines are fine as long as I don't end up talking to one.


The Truce Game:



Recently I realized that I play a very terrible game with some people. These are people I like and yet don’t like. I don’t know how exactly to explain it but just when you start liking a person you see a side to them you wished never existed but in spite of that you like them but yet you despise the things that definitely need to be despised in that person. One such person and I came to a truce called the Respect for Eternity truce. I had to tell this person that I’d respect them if they did something. Believe me when I said what I said I really believed that I could easily go on hating the person for all the bad things they represent. Last week when I read the papers my heart literally stopped and when I checked my mail there it was the mail I had never dreaded because I was so confident that I would never receive it. But it was there. I have to respect this person for the rest of my life.


So no more games for me. No more dares. No more bravado which is stupidity ad infinitum.


P.S: Do not install windows xp service pack 3 unless you are dead sure that the rest of your computer is compatible with the blessed program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude