Fenny Chronicles- The Helper Puppy

Within months of having Fenny at home, she knew that we all lived by a routine and she used to enjoy watching each one of us do our work. Like my mom, she used to hang the washed clothes to dry on the clothes line and get them in at evening once they were dry. Fenny decided that she had to help my mom. So one evening she started pulling down the clothes (the ones she could reach) one by one. Before she knew it she was drowning in a bundle of clothes. My mom hearing the strange sounds from our court yard decided to check, only to find a bundle of clothes rolling on the ground and a very black tail peeping out from one end of the bundle. Good intentions with bad execution usually got Fenny into a LOT of trouble with my parents.

One day my dad was cutting some leaves from the garden patch for the kitchen. Fenny was out with him and she saw him busy uprooting these leaves. Having collected enough leaves my dad came inside. These leaves are used to prepare a delicacy, and were very carefully grown by my dad. When he came back out in the garden to take the tools back in, he saw fenny digging furiously uprooting the remaining leaves. The moment she saw my dad she had a look that said, “Come on now, go ahead and pat me on the back. Aren’t you just proud of me?” She did get a pat!

Fenny and I used to share a shelf. The top part of the shelf had my books and the bottom shelf had Fenny’s towels, her goodie box and chews. When we were packing before moving to our new house, my mom had asked me get my books to the hall so that she could put them in cartons and label them. Fenny saw me going to and fro with my stuff. So she decided to do the same she started dragging all her belongings from the bottom shelf and placed them in the hall. I hadn’t noticed her till I was done with my job. We got a box for her, put everything in it and after her inspection of the orderliness of the contents in the box we sealed it labeling it as FENNY.

Comments

mumofason said…
:) Sweetheart she is

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude