My "Left" Hand




Here I am, pecking at my keyboard with my one good hand. I fractured my left wrist so it's out of order for the next 4 weeks. So my first post is a dedication to my left hand. As a kid i'd always wanted to fracture my hand because of all the attention and kids really love showing off their bruises and the bigger the band-aid the better. I used to envy every kid with a broken bone. What I wished as a child i'm experiencing as an adult and quite frankly, the novelty of a fracture is now totally lost on me. Of course the attention and concern is nice but then I prefer having both my hands functioning. There is another reason behind me not milking my whole sorry situation for what it's worth, that is because the story behind the fall is not so very dramatic, nobody can guess the way it all happened. When people see me they all ask me if I fell off my vehicle, next they ask if I was up to some mischief on the trees or if I was trying to jump from a height for cheap thrills or if I fell down the stairs... basically they guess all possible ways I could have fallen without really guessing the actual true means by which I happen to have this cast.

Here is what actually happened, before my exams I was having a panic attack because I couldn't recall sections and rules of all the Acts we had to study and i'm not really good at rote memory i.e I can't by-heart stuff. Remembering everything in an order was an ordeal for me. Seeing me panic, my mom suggested I go out for a walk and clear my head. Fenny, my dad and I went for our walk. 5 mins into our walk and I fell, THAT resulted in the fracture! Beat that.. initially I thought it was just a sprain, with my exams just 5 days away I was hoping it wasn't anything worse. But when I couldn't turn my hand I knew it was fracture. So just before my exams I had my dream materialize(timing!)When I went to college with my hand in the cast, people said they were really sorry about my hand, yada yada yada...when they were actually thinking... why? why? why? why isn't it her right hand?(he he he)My cast is now a piece of art with people drawing and scribbling on it. But i'll be the gladdest person when it finally comes off.

The fracture happened 5 days before my exams, so I had my hand in a cast for my study hols, during my exams which thankfully got over yesterday and I have to have it on for the next three weeks(three weeks of precious holidays) Now, ain't that an awful nice way to spend end of sems and holidays?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude