Vegan Mayonnaise



Look at the consistency! 

Blame it on the blog! Earlier, every time I thought of cooking something my first thought is, “Is this blog worthy?” Now it is, “Is this the healthiest version of the dish?” As it happens Lulu and I don’t recommend deep frying, or having overly rich desserts and even the recipes we’ve put up until this point have all been the healthiest version we knew. Yes, some things need deep frying (Koftas), sure… but we try to recommend shallow frying or toasting after having tried it out ourselves.
I wanted to make mayonnaise but I was worried about making the traditional mayonnaise with eggs for fear of how it would smell. Which is also why I haven’t ever made it.  Then one day I came across this simple recipe on YouTube and had to try it!


Ingredients:

25 Cashews
3 Garlic pods
½ Lemon
1 Tbsp vinegar (I used Apple Cider Vinegar)
1/3 Tsp pepper powder
¼ Cup water
½ Tsp pink salt (Or regular salt)


Method:
1. Soak the cashew nuts in water for 10 minutes.
2. Take the cashews out of the water and along with other ingredients blend in the mixer.
3. Then add water to it and blend again.
4. Use fresh or store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Notes:
• Since no preservative is used this mayonnaise lasts for up to a week when refrigerated.
• Soak cashews until they submerge in water. I used the same water while making the paste.

Blogging playlist:
Bruno Mars – Grenade
Rednex – Cotton eyed Joe
Green Day – Song of the century




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude