Pocket Casts...the most pocket friendly podcast app?




When I am ironing my clothes, cleaning my room or doing something that allows me to enjoy listening to something; I tend to listen to podcasts. When AIB had just started, very few of my friends knew of them and I kept going on and on about how they should listen to AIB’s podcasts and everybody would just nod their head and say ‘okay’ and never really listen to them. One day AIB made it to mainstream and the whole world was talking about them and I had already moved on to my next favourite thing –Serial, podcast. No, no, I am not a hipster who abhors mainstream I just tend to discover stuff because I am constantly on the lookout for something new.

Have you listened to Neil deGrasse Tyson's voice?

Pocket cast is an app that’s available on the Play store for INR 99/- and it is the answer to all my, “I wish I had something interesting to listen to.” wishes. Since childhood I have loved being told stories and my mum’s accompanying voice change and background sounds just made them all the more interesting. This is one habit I haven’t grown out of yet. You want my attention? Tell me a story or let me tell you a story. What do you do when you are alone and there is no one to tell you a story or listen to yours? Sounds pretty melancholy doesn’t it? I wasn’t aiming for the sad string, just get on your phone and listen to a podcast!

I listen about all the missing people and unsolved murders and wonder why we are such horrible species? 🤔

Top 5 reasons as to why I recommend this app:

1. It is available on both the play store and apple store.

2. Once you pay 99/- you don’t have to pay again.

You get notifications when a new episode is uploaded. Best bit? You can turn of the notifications if you have subscribed to more than 30 podcasts and don't want your phone constantly buzzing.

3. You get to decide where and how many episodes you store on your phone but if you are the forgetful kind you also have the auto clean up option that keeps ensuring the app isn’t eating up your precious space!

3 girls and 1 Keith. If you are aware of where the title gets its inspiration from, you have clearly spent your time on the internet in a manner your parents wouldn't approve of😵

4. Their recommendations are amazing. I love comedy. Especially black comedy and satire and that also means I like Marc Maron and I didn’t known joy like that came at such a small price!

I mean........ it can't get anymore mainstream than this!

5. I love knowing what’s happening around me –be it technology, work, carpentry, music, books, movies. Then there is a part of me that’s drawn to murder mysteries, unsolved cases, supernatural stuff… and this podcast app caters to all of that and more!

Missing and Murdered was the first podcast I listened to on this app.

What do you listen to in your free time? What is your favourite app for podcasts? Would like us to write about some of our favourite podcasts or review the ones we are listening to now? - Let us know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude