Vedic Line - Facial Kit



Facials are all too common but because subscription boxes and stores are now offering sheet masks at lower prices because of increase in different brands introducing new mask sheets every month. This popularity has given rise to a monster. I am that monster. I am a little lazy and I don’t do well in situations where I am supposed to sit still hence facials have never been my thing. Thanks to sheet masks I save a lot of time and money on my skin care routine.

In our April month’s GlamEgo box we got the Vedic Line facial kit which had 6 sachets with each sachet labeled with its purpose and the order in which one is supposed to use them. Lulu had suggested that I take the kit with me the next time I visited the parlor.
First of all I over think things: “Why will a parlor allow me to bring a product from outside?” “They’ll probably ask me to use their product only.” “They’ll charge me more.” “Will they charge me less?” “I should just give this kit to someone who knows to give facials at home.”

One day early this month I just had a very exhausting day and called the parlor and asked the aunty if I could get this facial kit I got in my subscription box and she said of course and that was that.

I dragged my mom along because the product was too much for a single person’s use. I don’t believe in wastage. So, Amma and I got our facials done.

Since the rule is to not wash your face for 12 hours after the facial I came home and went to sleep without washing my face. When I woke up the next morning my face actually looked like someone had painted it with gold glitter. It was shining.

Day 2: I had used my regular homemade scrub to wash my face and my face didn’t look too oily. It was the same for day 3 and 4.  Then suddenly on day 5 I woke up late  for work. I didn’t even wash my face and just brushed my teeth and dashed out after having applied the brightest lipstick I have. I am also not someone who keeps checking her reflection in the mirror or glass but let me tell you that day I actually paused and looked at my face and thought, “Oh my god I look so pretty!” Yes I can still shock myself on occasion.

Given the weather we have now my skin would have definitely felt dry if I hadn’t put myself through this process but it isn’t.

What I observed is that the facial may have given me a mild bleach. It definitely cleaned my skin. My skin did feel hydrated and well moisturized. (Please note to keep the facial’s effect for at least 21 days, you’ll still have to stick to the cleanse-tone-moisturize routine without fail.) All the products smelt the same and it wasn’t too strong – there was no stinging of skin or eyes, there wasn’t redness post facial nor rashes. Since I felt there was mild bleaching agent present my acne scars were also looking slightly better.

Final note: I have extremely oily skin – I can apply gel based product on my face at night and still wake up with a shiny oily T zone. That’s how oily my skin is. I would recommend this product for oily skinned people as it reduces the oily shine on your face for a period. You get the matt look without your skin drying out. But remember my Nelf horror show? Well do stay safe and proceed only after a patch test.

My Rating: 4.5/5
Recommend: Definitely for people with oily skin especially in this weather.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude