Miscellaneous?

Last night I was watching TV till 11 pm. I then decided to browse for a while and then decided to watch some more TV and then browsed again. Watched Power puff Girls, Courage the cowardly dog, Shark and Criminal Minds. When I finally went to sleep it was 5 am. Woke up this morning at 9 am. Watched more TV and had breakfast (It’s something I do may be twice or thrice a year) The papers had more reports on the Mumbai happenings. The public has the same hysteria one saw soon after RDB was released. Looks like the youth is fired up to probably to pull a RDB on some of our politicians especially with all the updates about the government being warned of the impending assault on our financial capital. I’m sure the Congress party is having a hard time using 'brave officer' and 'Hemant Karkare' in the same sentence. Raj Thackrey is nowhere to be seen or heard. Hmmm… I wonder if the commandos got his tongue? The last page of the right hand corner of the Hindu talks about a totally different kind of hero. Yes, the Labradors, who sniffed out the RDX. I’m glad that they got their share of "hero of the day" pat on the back. I read the piece out to Fenny. Told her I’ll blog about it. Right now she is out on the terrace, having her dose of the sun, occasionally barking at a passer by.

One more year coming to an end. My last semester in JSSLC is just round the corner. Time is flying and that’s fine with me I want this whole semester to breeze away. New years resolutions are something that need to be charted thoughtfully. The only resolution I have been true to for this year has been the one about blogging as regularly as possible.

I haven’t done much catching upon my reading except for a few books here and there. I read Prisoner of birth by Archer. This is the modern day adaptation of Count of Monté Cristo. It does the original no justice and Danny Cartwright comes no where close to Edmond Dantes, who was a character that was real and all who have read the book at one point would have wanted to be him and the final act of revenge is oh so sweet even for the reader. But PoB… nah not even close. But I must admit that it’s readable at least once. It has plenty of C.P.C in it as well as Cr.P.C :) and it served as the much needed entertainment in ADR and IoS classes. Look at Shawshank redemption which was a tribute to CoMC, it is one of my favorite movies. But it is jinxed because every time it was aired on TV, there would be power cut half way thru it and when I did manage to get the DVD there was power cut again. The next time I got the DVD I watched the movie and the next day my comp crashed. Talking about modern day adaptations of books like Great Expectation, Othello- “O” the movie set in a high school, Taming of the Shrew-10 Things I hate about you (Teen Drama), Romeo and Juliet to name a few have been done so terribly. It gets you thinking as to how unimaginative people today are. They can make a teen flick out of any damn classic whether it finally makes sense or not. My point here being that I like books and I’d rather not watch movies based on a book. But then again there are a few exceptions here as well, like Godfather, Lord of the Rings, Little women. To Kill a Mockingbird has also been made into a movie with Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch, he being my favorite fictional character of all time, but I’d still recommend the book instead of the movie. I don’t think my classmates from XI and XII can forget watching To Sir with Love by E.R.Braithwaite, with Sidney Poitier in the lead. The movie was almost as good as the book. But our English teacher managed to spoil the whole experience. Sheesh the woman was craaaajeee. She made reading the story, “The Background”, by Saki such an ordeal for us. I wished I were Icarus even if it meant going down in mythology as being supremely foolish, because escape from that woman with one way ticket to the sun aided by wax wings is any day more endurable than the monotonous monologues which she used to have. ‘Irony and humor’ her favorite exercise in the class-We’d have to read and mark sentences which bring forth humor or irony. What was funny for me was irony for her and what was irony for me was funny for her. Now is that irony or humor?

Comments

mumofason said…
Oh yeah.. the doggie heros definitely need to get a share of the newspaper glitz too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude