La vie est belle…

I woke up this morning knowing that nothing could go wrong today, not even if I tried my best to screw things up for myself. I haven’t felt so confident about anything in a long time. The past 15 months took a major toll on me; I pretty much was trying to collect scraps of my life which were strewn around me. Imagine a large pile of paper being blown away by strong winds and collecting them all and just when you are done the wind blows again and you find yourself doing the same thing over and over again only the papers are flying further away with each attempt. That is how it’s been these past 15 months. But it won’t be so from today and I knew this even before I woke up. I knew that when I go to college today I won’t be seeing that woman’s face and that is such a relief because the kind of trouble that woman put me through, the whole “ The power is in my hands one wrong step and your life is at my mercy” , the threats, the bad score in TP paper are all a part of her trying to put me down and to see me crumble and yes she tried to get the better of me but the only time she succeeded was with the 33 on my TP paper. But today onwards she won’t be in the college and just knowing that I’ll never have to see her has brought me so much happiness that I found myself doing so many things that I had long stopped doing.
I haven’t ever looked forward to going to college knowing what I’ll have to face, but today it seemed so bearable. I actually had a grin on my face instead of a constant frown/wrinkled brow. I was actually in a forgiving mood too.
As I got out of my bed I made a mental list of things that need to be done immediately, starting with :
1. Not bother about the CPC test.
2. Forgive IoS teacher.
3. Stop going via ring road.
4. Take a copy of the TP book and read it and tell myself that I love the subject and lastly
5. Never mention the woman’s name again.
Having made this list I could hear the Tubthumping song by Chumbawamba playing in my head and I knew I finally had got my life back in my hands.
When I finally reached college today, dear guy Darling called me to his chamber and told me I could tell the other 33 students who missed the CPC test, that we would be given a re test. (Yay!!!). IoS woman actually taught us and did not read from Maxwell (Yay!!!). She also interacted with the class! What can I say this whole “be positive” thing works just fine for me and the woman’s been gone just a day. I can’t imagine what more can happen now that she’s never coming back ;)
Unfortunately I did not get to tell this to that woman in person but I just want to write it nonetheless – Foutrez vous!

And I sing …..
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You’re never going to
Keep me down….

Comments

Anonymous said…
hah ha :) Nice things happening at last! good good! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude