Biscuit Pudding



Do you ever pretend you are a participant on Master Chef and you are in the bottom four so you end up in the round with surprise ingredients and you are supposed to take what you have and make a delicious dish with it? I do. I live in my head even on non-quarantine days but now I see scenarios playing in my head more often than before.

Here’s what happened, Marley said he wanted to eat biscuit pudding. I said okay and left it at that. Then he asked for it again. A couple of days later my mom said she wanted post lunch dessert. I decided it was time I whipped up a dessert.

I noticed we only had one pack of Marie biscuits and usually I use two packs to make this pudding. I realised if I used the regular recipe we’d all only be eating slivers of pudding instead of a nice chunky piece and we know that, that’s the only way to eat dessert. I set myself the task of not going out of my way to buy any ingredients for the pudding and make do with whatever was at home. Hence was born this wonderful new biscuit pudding with a twist, recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 2 sachets of instant coffee (4.4gms)
  • 1 pack Marie biscuit
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder (Skip, if you have chocolate flavoured custard powder)
  • 2 ½ tbsp vanilla custard powder
  • ½ litre milk
  • 8 tbsps sugar


Method:

Prepare custard:

  1. Take the custard powder and add 3tbsp of raw milk and mix it well.
  2. Boil 500ml milk and add sugar to it. Once the milk starts rising add the custard mix to it slowly while stirring.
  3. Keep stirring to ensure there are no lumps and the mixture is smooth.
  4. Stir the custard for about 5-7 minutes and then take it off the heat and let it cool.
  5. Once the custard cools down add the cocoa powder and beat it to a smooth mixture.

         
                                                                                                         
The pudding:

  1. In a bowl add instant coffee powder, hot water and mix well.
  2. Dip one biscuit at a time and line the glass tray.
  3. Then layer custard on the biscuits.
  4. Repeat till you have multiple layers. With one pack of biscuits I got 4 layers.
  5. Once your layers are done let the pudding set in the fridge for about 8 to 12 hours or overnight.




Notes:

  1. The actual pudding recipe requires a lot of butter and given that we are in the middle of summer in the south I thought custard would be a better option and would be lighter on the stomach.
  2. You can skip cocoa powder if you have chocolate flavoured custard.
  3. You can be creative and opt for any other flavoured custard as long as you are confident that it will go well with coffee.
  4. You can add more sugar as per your preference. I like the bitter and just slightly sweet combo.




Comments

Unknown said…
All of us just loved making and devouring this. We added nuts too...thanks for this delicious recipe dude.
Mamta
So glad that you guys are enjoying this recipe! 🤗🤗🤗

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude