The longest I have ever been in a Relationship.

14.05.2016

I last wrote about how lawyers who graduated prior to 2010 have to apply for Certificate of Practice. As a litigating advocate I had to obtain 5 certified copies of vakalaths with my signature on them, one of every year from 2010 to 2015. I am not a lazy person where my work is concerned, but when it solely concerns me, I have a tendency of being a procrastinator and that is not a good thing. Even though I delegated the work of obtaining certified copies to a friend, the same were not ready by yesterday and yesterday was the last day for submissions.

I don’t like writing too much about work and people in my office because somethings should just never come on record. Who better to know that than a lawyer? I am just going to give you a very vague idea of what a pain a certain colleague was and how I detested that person to a point where I never said anything to that person nor did I acknowledge their existence beyond my day to day professional courtesy. Therefore when I went to office on 12th and found a set of vakalaths and my application form neatly pinned and ready for submission, I was shocked. This is probably the nicest gesture that, that colleague has ever shown me and I was taken aback by the niceness of it. I don’t like it when people who are constantly being mean suddenly turn around and do something nice for me and vice versa also applies. I get very confused. It upsets me because I don’t know how to react. For example in this case, the right thing for me to do was to thank my colleague and shut up and instead I ended up asking WHY? I am very suspicious of favours. A favour by someone usually means they’ll expect one from you. I don’t like the favour bargain. I don’t do something nice for people I don’t care about. So I was a little perplexed by this episode.  The Boss man knows me well, so he asked the colleague about it. The Boss man sat me down and told me about a certain thing called Good Will and apparently I have a lot of that and so I shouldn’t be surprised when colleagues and clients go out of their way to make up for any harshness they might have thrown my way. I guess I understand that and will accept this gesture at face value.

So, I did end up submitting my documents on time. I don’t have to pay a fine. I can now apply for my state transfer.  I still wish they would computerise the whole system. Easier for everybody.

30.05.2016

I was supposed to post this blog post on the 14th but got too lazy about it. Here is the thing, after everybody finished with the document submission we were notified of additional documents that are required to be submitted along with the original set. WooHoo!

I was blissfully unaware of this update until my friend called up last night to tell me about it. Funnily enough he was drunk dialing me and he was talking to me about this new bookstore that sells used and brand new books and how I should check the place out. He thought mentioning the book store was very vital and as an afterthought told me about the additional documents.

I spent the better part of my day today running all over town trying to figure out which court official was responsible for the collection of documents. When I found that nobody wanted to take responsibility, I thought, to hell with it and directly sent the documents via RPAD to the Secretary of KSBC. Hopefully that’s the end of my C.O.P saga.

I love friends who get drunk and call me up and start talking about books. I like that even as we get older we still manage to keep some aspect of our twenties still alive.

None of my friends who have turned 30 and crossed the big three oh to 31,32,33… have drunk dialed me since the cross over.

I don’t look 30. I don’t behave 30. I am in denial about my age, my profession and my very existence on this planet.

On that note welcome to first day back from Holidays. We had a boycott today. Yes we are notorious for boycotts and I will tell you more about it in the next post.

Also 28.08.2016 marks my 7 year work anniversary. 

Peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude