Embrace of the endless ocean

I spent most of my teenage years and early twenties being a very angry person. Most of it had to do with always letting academics take the driver’s seat with parents riding shotgun, my swimming days and dreams taking the back seat. Where was I? Riding on top of the car? No. I was chasing the car. In retrospect I realise, I had no options but to chase the car. I could have stood rooted to the spot, or just walked away. Alas, everything of importance to my life was in the car. So, I ran after it like a mad child trying to catch up with it. I couldn’t see anything around me just the bloody car that I was chasing after. I eventually caught up with it. The first thing I did was get academics out of the way so that I was in control of the car. I was steering it in the direction I wanted to go. When I looked in the rear-view mirror the dreams looked different. I don’t know when swimming got off the car. There was an empty seat at the back.

All I want to do now is drive to the coast. Let my parents relax at the beach. While I let my dreams wander and I take a swim in the ocean. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude