No One Killed Jessica



First off this movie has two women in the lead sans a man. So, one’s expectations are but naturally high. When I saw the promos I thought, NICE finally a bolly flick without a man flaunting his waxed chest. But by the end of the movie I was thoroughly disappointed. Rani Mukherji who plays the reporter comes off as a potty mouth. She is playing the role of a media person a.k.a television journalist. I have friends who are journalists in print and T.V and I enjoy the word play that ensues in our conversations. I know for a fact that the “F” and “B” word were used as often as they were to compensate for the lack of testosterone in the movie. Here is a woman playing a journalist, the least I expect is some witty comeback… and no “Fly solo” is not a comeback and definitely not something for which the crowd needed to hoot so loudly. If expletives were ever wittily used here is one fantastic example of how not to use them! She was beyond disappointing… pathetic would be more like it. Vidya Balan on the other hand managed to show some amount of desperation that her character Sabrina felt while trying to get her sister justice. The dialogues though again are lacking in the kind of repartee one would expect in this movie. There is a point in the movie when they show Rang De Basanti scenes….that was the high point for me in the movie. It made me all nostalgic about the way K.T, Lola and I had bunked classes to watch the movie on 27th January,2006 and how elated we were after watching the it and how our semester results were declared on the very same day and how K.T and I thought not topping our respective classes was punishment for our transgression. Sigh! Now that is a movie that I can watch over and over again. I have no complaints about the events re-enacted in the movie they did that precisely the way the events occurred and I even liked the part where a shot of the Times Of India carried the headlines “No one Killed Jessica” was shown. Fact – The movie got its title from the headline from TOI. I was disappointed with the way the actors were used and with what they said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude