Guzaarish


Was it just me or did others for once think that Aishwarya Rai for the very first time “acted” in a movie? I thought she looked absolutely fabulous and did a really good job in acting. Hrithik Roshan on the other hand well... he is a good actor but he never really ever was the kind of actor I liked. Hence I’ll hold on to my comments. I’m just going to write about the movie, what with the Supreme Court’s ruling on making Passive Euthanasia legal. This movie does deserve a mention in my blog for the story, the acting and the music.


Euthanasia is something that has been discussed for a very long time in our country and there was no real law on what one could do in a situation where one knew that there was no getting better than how things are right now. We all are put in situations and the reason why we can rise above them is because we can say “this too shall pass” and it does. Think about it… you have been plagued by several problems and set backs in your life and at that point you’ve cribbed, been cranky and whined… I know I have done that but after all that remember the triumphant talks of how you made it past all that? Life isn’t all bad and it does throw a few things bitter your way but the taste doesn’t last long enough because there are plenty of other things for one to indulge their taste buds in. But what does one do when they know they’ll have to depend on someone for eternity? I can depend on someone for a while because of necessity and after a while I feel that I can’t do that anymore. I crave for wanting to do things and manage and handle and go about doing my things my way and on my own. We all feel that at some point or the other or about certain things. This movie is about this man who is paralyzed neck down and decides that he doesn’t want to go on that way… What’s wrong with that? People don’t want to give up on him. Fact : he wasn’t giving up on himself… he was just ending what was the last chapter in his life. It is about coming to terms with what one can only term as finality. There was no way of things going better or rather things ever changing. For how many years can one remain in the same condition knowing there was never going to be a change? Is it giving up to ask to die? It is not. It is not giving up when you’ve made the best of what you’ve had. Done everything possible and then decided that you need to take this one last step with a little help from your friends who don’t just understand but have lived the situation. It is a story about people rejoicing life and death the only two certainties in life.

Comments

Anamika Anyone said…
I agree. Having made the most of his limited life, the man just wanted to move on. Yet, in most minds, to die, especially to want to die, is cowardice, giving up. It's like suicide. That's why most people oppose euthanasia in general. They don't look at it as a case by case evaluation.

And yeah, Ash Rai does act(and rather well) in the movie, finally! :) Here's my review of Guzaarish:
http://thirtyfiveroads.blogspot.com/2010/11/plea-that-moved-me.html

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude