Yawp!



Charlie Dalton a.k.a Nuwanda.


Carpe Diem.


Among the characters from the Dead Poets Society I like Charlie Dalton the best. The clown, the maverick.


“I am exercising my right not to walk.”


Welton Academy.

Hello? Yes, he is.

Just a moment.

Mr. Nolan, it's for you.

It's God.

He says we should have girls at Welton.” - CD


The scene in which he punches Richards for ratting.


I cannot say I like Neil or Todd who are the definite favorites in the movie. Neil [the strongest] committing suicide and Todd [the weakest] taking initiative for the very first time when Keating is fired stands up on the bench and says, “O Captain, My Captain”. But I sigh every time knowing that Dalton has been expelled and the empty seat stands out.


My friend with whom I have discussed this movie asked my how I never for a second spare a thought for Neil. Well, that is super simple – Neil is dead, but CD is alive and still has a life ahead of him.


It is strange how watching this movie makes so much sense in the weirdest ways and in the weirdest circumstances.


If CD was real I’d date him. I’d date a guy who has the kind of sense CD has.


"Laughing, crying, tumbling, mumbling-gotta do more, gotta be more. Chaos screaming, chaos dreaming-gotta be more, gotta do more."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude