Dear Christian Grey,


Let me just say that your smoldering gaze has resulted in every woman expecting her man to look at her the way you look at Anastasia. Having said that I just have to tell you, after India being branded as the rape capital, thanks to the banned documentary “India’s Daughter”, the movie based on your life was banned here as well. You see, the rapist said that, if his victim hadn’t fought them off she would still be alive today. You understand don’t you? The Indian man was just impressing upon the woman his desire to dominate her and all he expected of her was to simply say “yes sir” and lay still while he pleasured her. I know, I know you and Anastasia had a contract, but you ought not to be so dense as to think that the first few instances of your pleasure making didn’t happen under the terms of the contract which at that point was still being negotiated and had ergo not been signed by both parties. The Indian lawyers, I being one of them will be pleased to inform you that, that little bit of “fuck the contract” gave many Indian men a leeway in conquesting women who took their fancy because like you, their likes are very singular and they don’t make love, they fuck, they fuck hard. Except of course the Indian rapists don’t seek consent before they pick their submissive. You see the glaring difference don’t you? You and Anastasia consented to your choice of lifestyle. Indian rapists on the other hand think BDSM is a way of life, in-fact many practice this in the confines as well as out of their homes and the government and concerned citizen’s have branded it as domestic violence, I mean domestic violence in India is as a much a myth as global warming (We need to start calling it climate change. Pronto.) is to the world!

Sinning by pursuing the forbidden has been an intrinsic trait in humans except banning beef is not going to make me crave for it. Mais, I must admit to wanting to watch both the documentary and your movie. Also who is this Jamie Dornan? Anyhow, I couldn’t help drawing parallels between the documentary and the movie very a la Suzzane Collins who has been quoted in Wikipedia as saying, “ On a tired night, Collins says that while she was channel-surfing the television where she saw people competing for some prize, and then saw footage of the Iraq war. She described how the two combined in an "unsettling way" to create the first ideas for the series”. Which is exactly what happened in my case too. See I was tired but all this fuss about the ban made me want to stay up and figure this all out. While on one side there was a man so unfeeling and remorseless about raping a woman who I am sure was subjected to vaginal fisting, you on the other hand were kind enough to ask Ana if she would be willing to try it and a “No” from her sufficed for you. I guess a board room and bus made all the difference huh?

There were a couple of other things about the movie that I didn’t particularly like, why is that you gave brand time to Apple products but didn’t even show the brand of the condom? I mean I know that the foil you were so skillfully ripping between your teeth was a rubber but I don’t think the audience will remember that, you know? Also why weren’t you shown giving Ana Advil and Arnica cream in the movie? See, this is what happens. I have read the book so I know what you do post whacking. It’ll amount to expecting too much of an Indian audience to read a book our literature is limited only to the classics written by Chetan Bhagath who caters to the need of everyone’s literary interests in the country by writing, “Deti hai toh de verna kat le”. Now the men will think hitting their wives is cool and women will think being hit is cool. See that’s why they just threw the woman out of the bus without even the slightest consideration that she is human and not a sack with apertures for them to experiment with.

You see Mr. Grey, many will overlook the tragedy of abuse and romanticize the same. I mean now every young adult who has had a dreadful past will think of himself or herself as being 50 shades of fucked up. You know where this is going don’t you?

Just like you, the Indian rapist also wants his victim to stay still and I can guarantee you that the rapist is only thinking of his pleasure whereas you sir on occasion give in to Ana. That is very nice of you to consider the girl’s feelings. You on one hand are such a control freak you even have the red room of pain where you play but you see I read all three books and I think you managed to take a leaf from the Indian Rapists handbook of using any place you wanted and improvising it to be able to do the deed. Sometimes the Indian rapist forgets to carry his cable ties, rope and tape and when that happens he just beats his woman senseless, I know necrophilia is not your thing but it seems to work fine for the Indian rapist.

Mr. Grey all this has got me thinking… is India the only country where rape happens? Is India the only country where crime finds its roots in poverty? The USA gave us, To Kill A Mockingbird and the Ferguson episode and you. I guess USA hit rock bottom with you, huh? But then again you were aided by the English who by the way are not strangers to raping and pillaging and making it off with their bountiful plunder and then they sit on a high chair with this idea of trying to find a cure for rape by talking to the rapist and in my humble opinion all I saw in the documentary was a man who knew what happened and what he did and didn’t regret it at all. What I don’t understand is the very point of the documentary. Is it to show how stoic the rapist was? Because for those of us who followed the case it came as no surprise nor did their lawyers attitude and opinion on women. So what was the point?

What I have understood is that we need to work at grass roots and change the general attitude of people towards both genders. But hey, that’s just me thinking out loud.

Mr. Grey you have got me questioning about a lot of things but primarily about humans belonging to my gender who seem to have lost their sense of right or wrong. Even the feminists like you. This is making me question the entire movement for uplifting of women.

P.S: Mr. Grey you kinda remind me of the men from the Kim family from Korea. Very controlling and all that jazz.

P.P.S: I am losing faith in people because of the books they read. You dig?

Regards,
Concerned Human


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude