Gender "Fender Bender" Blunder


When I first saw this Airtel Ad I thought, “Sheesh how pakao can an ad get!”



Then after all the Monday flurry I had enough idle time, hence my mind just wandered on back to this ad, even though I was trying to will my mind against it. There are days when I really need to put a leash on my thoughts. Especially when they have the tendency to wander off on such puerile subject matters.

Here is how I wish the ad had been thought out:

Take 1: 
Woman boss tells her employee (Husband) that the deadline needs to be met in a rush and that means working overtime. Boss (Wife) instead of going home stays back with team, brain storms ideas using Airtel 3G services, orders take out and everybody has a good time. Plus it means spending more time with your spouse.

[Same plot if there was a role reversal i.e Husband was the boss and Wife the employee.]

Take 2: 
Man boss orders team to meet deadline, heads home, cooks dinner for employee wife. He does so, by using Airtel 3G services to surf the net to figure out how to cook a 3 course meal for his tired wife.


The point I am trying to draw here is that, men are no longer sticking within the boundaries of being the bread winner of the household. They are meeting their partners half way. Gender roles are changing. Shouldn’t partners meeting each other half way be the theme instead of this never ending “one up” game? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude