Because the Bakchods are Hilarious!

It is 5:57 A.M and what am I doing up so early on a Sunday, you ask? Well, I am up because I have viral fever.  My nose is clogged and my throat hoarse. I have the whole husky voice thing going for me. I can’t lie down for the fear of suffocating on my own snot. Hence what better way to keep busy and distract myself from my discomfort? -  Write a new blog post.

I have noticed that I always fall sick during court vacations. I somehow manage to hold myself together during the week before vacations which are by far the most hectic days of courts what with judgments/orders being passed which pretty much chart out how I’ll be spending my  vacations  (i) preparing appeals, (ii) preparing caveats or (iii) Both.

It was during the last work week before summer vacations that I gave AIB my full-fledged attention. After watching all their videos on youtube I proceeded to listen to their podcast. Initially though, I felt like I was eavesdropping on a personal conversation but that feeling dissipated soon enough because the duo and their guests keep you entertained enough to get you to come and listen in some more.( Listening to them while driving is highly unadvisable.) I was listening to them even while I was baby-sitting my 2 year old nephew, who had not until that day seen his aunt laugh like a hyena and that for some reason amused him to a point where I was the subject of his interest and looking at me laugh made him laugh. (P.s Don't worry I was using ear- plugs the child only heard ME laugh and NOT the podcast.)

Honestly I don’t know when I last laughed out loud for real. For the first time I was listening to Indian comics with no holds barred attitude using the most appalling language, ribbing politicians, poor people, middle class people, pretty people, ugly people basically they make sure that nobody feels left out on their podcast.

For people who don’t cuss and have a holier than thou attitude towards those of us who cuss please listen to the podcast anyway because it is not the cussing alone that makes them funny. Some of the episodes actually took me down memory lane.  For example when I watched Tridev as a kid I thought the movie ended with the 3 heroes dying but after listening in on the podcast I was in for a surprise.

In some places I actually thought the comics were PMS-ing because from being funny they just transcended to dark humor which actually took me to such lows for just a few seconds but then they got back to daylight or must I say less sensitive subjects. But what remained more with me were those few seconds of dark humor. I don’t know how they do it. But comics that make your mood dip and dive have to have mettle or they wouldn't be comics.

One of their popular videos that went viral was the Kalki and Juhi starrer “It’s your fault” which was all about how every time a rape case is reported the victim is invariably blamed and depicts further victimization of the victim at the hands of the police and every gyan-pundit social group, moral police and the jobless junta. This video even addressed rape in marriages - I mean come on! You really have to give it to these people for having covered the entire bit so fantastically. It is a totally in your face video. This video got so many hits/likes and like many other women in the country I was thinking wow finally somebody put the point across so well that it is getting the desired attention. People will be more sensitive and things will have to get better from here on BUT na ah not so soon… recently A Delhi Court decidedthat forced intercourse  in marriagesdoes not come under the ambit of Rape. (Should make the judge watch this video. This insensitivity is what is appalling.)

If I had to write briefly about all their videos I would, but then I think I would be killing it for you, if you haven’t already watched it. I like the detail with which they make their videos. They put their “funny” in everything from props to tickers to everything.

I am feeling a little low having listened to the last episode of the podcast uploaded by them. Which means I have to wait till the next episode is released. These guys blog too. The general misconception that people still carry around is that comics are out there only to rib others and are not capable of being serious or are unable to put forth a point without hiding behind a joke. Fact- After having read most of their posts, they didn't just come across as being highly opinionated but rather sensible AND sensitive in their outlook.

So yes, like the fangirl that I have become I have been recommending their videos/podcast/blogs to all my friends.

In fact I made my mother listen to the episode featuring – Usha Uthup and boy did she love that episode.

So yeah for all those people who like to laugh and get a dose of current affairs in the most twisted manner this is the channel.


Also in one corner of mind I am glad that these people who are not doctors, engineers or lawyers(like me) are doing such a fantastic job and making people like me envy them . I am glad that when I am not cradling a glass of whisky, I can  still  sit back laugh and de-stress and relax and let the sarcasm that makes the world go round hit me.

P.S: I also never in my wildest dreams imagined myself crooning, " Phir tapke shri Kalmadi, kya thodu beyimani" or Singing (with joy), "Tashan, Dil bole Hadippa, tara ra ra rumpum, neal and nikki. " all in one sentence !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude