NAILS!

“You can tell a lot from a person's nails. When a life starts to unravel, they're among the first to go.”  ― Ian McEwan, Saturday


I have found that I don’t like people who try to get familiar too soon. People who read my blog and think they can deduce who I am or that people can just start a conversation with me and that I would be intrigued by what they have to merely because they are speaking of what they think is an unusual topic.

I personally am fascinated by nails – finger nails. What makes a person chew their nails? What makes a person stop chewing their nails? Are nails tasty? Let me bite my own and check. Why do people paint their nails? What are the different kinds of manicures? What color would best suit my skin-tone? Is a top coat mandatory after painting nails? Why do nails become yellow? Why don’t men understand the need to maintain hygiene when it comes to toe nails?

See… mundane topic yet, so vast. We go looking for things to talk about when there is so much right here in front of us and nobody ever discusses it. But, come on haven’t you ever thought a persons feet stinks and you see that they have long toe nails that need trimming? Or admired a woman’s hand or criticized her choice of color or for a  moment just been dazzled by the way people use their hands while they talk and keenly observed the nails that they so openly display? I have found that men and women who tend to make gestures when they talk are often the ones who maintain their nails.

Dear reader, are you now going to start observing those little details about people around you? If you haven’t already you should. I find it fun to catch little details about people. A thing that started out as a hobby is now a trait. Thanks to this trait I easily within 60 seconds or less get my personal dossier of person in question ready. It is not a judgment, merely an observation which most often turns out to be a decent appraisal of people and they never disappoint.

If I ever have the chance of meeting anybody who is a stranger to my blog please reader do try to keep clean nails and trimmed toe nails it would be much appreciated and may be then I will say at least more than 5 words to you.


I do come across as being pompous don’t I? 

P.S: A dear friend of mine who was  in the habit of biting nails has finally given up the god awful habit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude