Keh ke lunga....



"I live life vicariously through violent movies" - Ashwini Shenoy

---------* SPOILER ALERT*-------- ANY ONE WHO HASN'T SEEN PART 2 OF GANGS OF WASSEYPUR AND INTENDS TO WATCH IT READ NO FURTHER.

I honestly wish the last 5 mins of movie were edited and removed for good. Otherwise Gangs of Wasseypur has been my movie of the year 2012. There are a lot of things that I particularly enjoyed about the movie apart from the violence and cussing. The sound track is very interesting and the title of this post is my favourite track from the movie. Nothing says it better than Keh ke lunga. In my mind I have killed a lot of people, done a lot of violent things but society prevents me from doing anything beyond the confines of the privacy i enjoy in the depths of a very imaginative mind which helps me through situations that would have gotten the better of me.  So watching Gangs of Wasseypur and the violence that it portrayed and the language that was used didn't just entertain me but also made me realise that this is one movie I'll make every friend of mine watch not because of the violence and expletives but instead for the way that every incident has been interpreted and every action that triggers a  new enmity and sometimes new friendships but at the same time it is like watching the nicely laid out domino's topple to become a pile of disks lying flat on the floor. The movie is exactly like a pile of domino's except that in the movie the domino's are replaced by men. These men are all placed around neatly and as the movie progresses you get to watch them topple magnificently.

My favourite scene though comes in part 2 when Faisal Khan corners Ramadhir Singh in a hospital bathroom. Both men are armed but Ramadhir doesn't have the balls to shoot at Faisal. The look on his face is incredible. The body language excellent. You get to watch the man crumble unable to raise the gun at Faisal and just give up as he drops the gun and surrenders to his fate. Watching the triumph and relief on Faisal Khan as he ploughs through Ramadhir's body with bullets took me back to school when I'd come home and switch on the computer to play Doom by selecting the toughest level and naming the player after the person who pissed me off most for the day and place them in the center of the arena just to watch them being shot and see their bodies rip and blood splatter all over the monitor. So watching the scene had me grinning because I had done that only in the virtual world and that was extremely effective ;) 

And while the scene is played out Keh ke lunga is played in the background.

P.S: If you haven't watched the movie watch it. Not because you'll learn a lesson but only because the story gives you exactly what it introduces you to in Part1 when the narrator introduces you to the two species  - Bewakoof and Harami. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude