Being Ambrose

I went back to the college. I thought I’d feel a little nostalgic, that I would have this movie playing in my head remembering friends in the dreamy hazy way they show in movies. It didn’t happen. The kinship was never there.
I went back to judge a moot court competition. I remembered how KT and I were always placed in a court hall with the toughest judges or the meanest ones. How people always hated us for winning. The little taunts from seniors, the seniors promising to help us with research and at the last minute ditching us to join the competition themselves. The over confident teams who swore to take our breaths away. The magic pencil. The Sean Kingston dampener. The diary. The star wars swords! And the very very very powerful 4 am call saying, “May the force be with you”. Axis point and the photograph that proved lucky every time. The pig faced charm with the awesome dimple. The fake fight that KT and I always had because I was worried about buri nazar! All my memories about college and the best ones are only about moots.
So as I walked into the court hall for the competition I could only remember how KT and I discussed that we’d be as good as David Ambrose when it came to judging. Keeping my nemesis in mind I decided to have fun with the fresh faced mooters. Believe me being Ambrose was fun. There is no other judge who I can recall with much clarity and there has been no other judge who I hated in the heat of the moment but admired them just as much. Nobody, just him. Remembering actually makes me grin.
I remember telling all my juniors about him and making him out to be the Grinch of all international moot court competitions. Stetson stands out in my memory because I pulled an evil one on my team mate. She had a question and I encouraged her to ask Ambrose that. The results were to my satisfaction :P I had warned her about him but it was fun nonetheless to watch her meekly ask him the researchers role in passing chits to the mooters.
*Sigh* KT and Kabab you guys were the best Co-mooters anyone could ever ask for. Krithika the best researcher ever. Lab rat and Pissimist damn you guys! KT and I always always wanted to go for a moot with you guys. Huh you don’t know what you missed!
Mooting – Addictive. Everything about moots is just F.U.N judging one too :) 

Comments

Ankush said…
Why pissimist??? Arent they better words? Or names...
Bhargava said…
I just love this line - "..don/t know what you missed.."
!!!
Ankush said…
Advocatus Diaboli and Bhargava: I would say its the other way around... "Don' know what you guys missed"... Looking back at things you guys did not miss nothing much actually :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude