It is not you being Wise, it is just your Vice.

Wisdom is rare. The one who is wise will know who needs to be spoon fed knowledge and who should be allowed to experience and grow at their own pace. I don’t take advice from people. I listen to all the free wisdom being belted out with tremendous patience and later do as I please. The fact is people have this strange idea about me. Many still take me to be a child. I am more adult than they realize. I probably don’t come across as someone mature enough to handle things because I have a tendency to ask too many questions. [ I ask a lot of questions because I am new to Practice and I do not want to make mistakes. ] Clearly people rate one on the basis of the number of questions asked. Hence I stopped asking questions. I only ask my senior for direction and whatever anyone else says gets chucked out of the window.

Sometimes I think people get so carried away giving out lame advice they forget the point they are making. This is probably because they did not have a concrete point to make in the first place. “Ashwini! You can’t listen to music in the courts what will people think?”, “Ashwini! You can’t eat your lunch under that tree! What will people think?”, “Ashwini, are you reading a novel in the Court? Read C.P.C!” These are just few of the many things I have been asked not to do in the court. [I was doing all of the above during the lunch break.]

I really don’t care what people think. I think people who think that listening to music, or eating or reading a novel is a crime are idiots and their opinion about me wouldn’t really matter much to me.

I am human, I like listening to music and eating when I am hungry and reading when I have free time. I am a lawyer by profession, but that does not mean that I cannot do afore mentioned things.

People try so hard to project an image of righteousness. [The reason why people consciously try to project an image of who they are is because they have reason to hide something that they don’t want the rest of us to see.] It would be much easier if they were just being themselves.

If people could only hold back their tendency to do the “right thing” [which actually is never the right thing. (and mind you they know it is not the right thing to do, yet they do it.)] I could be a lot happier.

Comments

iamuniv said…
Like Chris Cornell said 'be yourself is all that you can do' :)
I hope this message reaches out to every pretender, more specifically 'losers'!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude