My Fenny Girl

Fenny Power: Within 15 days of having become our family member Fenny took ill. Her illness went to the extent of her having to live on drips. When we got her back home the vet told us that if we felt that we would require his services he would come over irrespective of the time. When a vet tells you that, you know it is not good news. That night my brother and I took turns to stay up with Fenny. By morning we knew she had taken a turn for better. The number of injections she had to take along with the drips and all this within 45 days of having made her entry into the world. You’d think we had the toughest time trying to get her to allow us to take her to the vet to get her poked with needles. But nah, she came with us, allowed the vet to poke her, held her paw up while she was given the drip. Not once did the child wince in pain or tell us she had had enough. That’s when we knew, that in spite of being the runt of the litter she was the strongest of her siblings.

In November 2009 she had to under go an operation. We did not want to keep her with the vet over night after her operation because we knew that she wouldn’t like it. We got her home. The vet had told us that once the medication wears out she might scream and howl and hence had prescribed sedatives in case the situation got out of control. We carried her inside and let her sleep it off. Everything was fine. At night my mom and I decided to sleep next to her so that we were close by in case she felt uncomfortable. My girl woke up twice in the night only because she wanted water. There were no howls and no screams.

She could put humans to shame with her will power and her ability to not show her pain.

Fenny perfume: After my bath I would find Fenny sitting right outside the bathroom door. She would wait and the second I stepped out she would start sniffing my toes and jump up at me expecting me to lift her up. I would pick her up and she would promptly start licking my face. Once she was convinced that I smelt a lot more like her than the soap she would let me put her down.
As she grew up I couldn’t lift her, but she was big enough to manage to reach my face and give me her dose of Fenny facial.

Fenny Rain: Fenny liked the rains. She enjoyed going out and getting drenched. She would be soaking wet when she would enter the house with a crazy-happy look on her face and start shaking to douse us with Fenny rain.

Fenny Rumble: When extremely happy we could glimpse the mischievous streak in her eyes followed by a very excited tail wagging the rumble that would begin at the tip of her tail would reach her tush and then her tummy till she looked like a puppy doing the boogey.

Fenny Moo: She had an affinity towards cows. As a puppy she would drag me to go stand in front of cows. She would sit in front of them as they grazed and watch them. Eventually I would start petting the cows. We ended up having a herd for friends every afternoon waiting for us to come out with rice and jaggery. The cows would eat and Fenny and I would watch. The cows would allow Fenny to sniff them. They would nuzzle her. She had a very strange bond with them. Irrespective of where we moved she would have at least one cow for a friend. She also ended up befriending goats and stray dogs that she thought we could help.

Fenny Vacuum Cleaner: If anything edible fell on the floor we could be sure that it would vanish in a jiffy. She would come out of nowhere and rescue the food from the floor!

Fenny Lingo: Since we did not have a trainer to train Fenny we came up with our own commands as a dedication to Scooby-Doo and Scrapy- Doo.

“Pee Pee Doo” which eventually became “Pepsi Doo” and then “Mountain Dew (Doo)” and then “Do the Doo!”
“Cwapy Doo”

Fenny Love: Anyone who has met Fenny has had the joy of knowing what Fenny Love is. It is that warm happy feeling you get just by looking at her after a long tiring day. Followed by some nuzzling and kissing and a lot of licking and then just sitting next to each other with an arm around her scratching her behind the ears or her neck.

She gave me 7 years, 3months 15 days of her life. She has taken up almost all the space in my heart where she’ll always be and will always be loved and remembered for being the glue that made us stick together. She is the puppy who never grew up.

Fenny Shenoy (25.02.2003 – 15.06.2010) my baby, my childu childu au revoir.

P.S :Fenny Brains: When the mind is only filled with Fenny memories.

Comments

mumofason said…
I'm sure fenu is feeling like the MOST loved puppy in the whole wide world :D :D right now. :) She'd come back sweetie :)
She was, is and will always remain the most loved puppy in the whole wide world :D
She was one pampered spoilt little brat who had us all wrapped around her dew claw :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude