Redemption

If you ever reach a point in your life and wonder- “How did I get here?” then it means you have done many things of which 90% of what you did was wrong. YOU are the one to blame for what happened. The other 10% of the right things you did is not going to help cancel the wrongs. So you are stuck now. And you probably think I’m closer to doing all things wrong and so why not go ahead and make a further mess of my life. It cannot be worse than what I’m dealing with now.

Then you have your conscience telling you – Don’t do that. There are so many people who’d love to have at least 10% of their life going right. You have hope that you will one day cancel out all your mistakes. But it’s going to take a lot of time and a lot of will power. You can do that and why not? The fact that you did something right means you have it in you.

Then the devil says- (Somewhere deep, deep, deep down inside) who are you kidding? You think by doing right the rest of your life, the rest of the world will forget your mistakes that easily? It’s a bad, bad, bad world out there. They don’t forgive that easy. What is the point in fighting it? What will you achieve by doing everything right from this point on? There are schmucks in your life that’ll throw your mistakes on your face and ask you, “Ok so how does this erase your mistakes?” Mistakes are indelible. So why bother?

Then you conscience says- If I do things right I’ll at least have a right to stand up against these people and admit my mistakes and say, “ so what if I made these many mistakes? Don’t I get to make any mistakes? I didn’t come to this world knowing all. I’m learning. I know I have learnt a lot because I haven’t made many mistakes since. It's hard work but heck I’m ready to do that.”

The devil says- But the cliché “Sticks and stones might hurt me but words don’t.” Is the vice versa for you. You do dwell on what people say. What they say hurts you more than any physical blow. Everybody knows this and they like using it against you. You still think you’ll deal with these people?

Conscience- Who doesn’t hurt when an unkind word is uttered? All of us do. Some don’t show and some do. You know how much it hurts. Take the first step don’t say anything back to them. You’ll feel a lot worse if you do say something.

Devil-“yeah be the goody-goody. It’s better to speak your mind, you’ll feel lighter. You know that. You’ve done that before.

Conscience- You also know you are remembered mostly for that incident.

Devil- So? You did the right thing.

Conscience- Do you think you did the right thing? Would you change things if given a chance?

Devil- You aren’t going soft are you?

Conscience- I know you wish you’d done things differently. You wish you’d made the right choice. Life is full of choices, and you’ve been making them forever. Now make another choice continue doing the right thing or…

Devil- you are always welcome my way ;)

Conscience- I hope you make the right choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude