A Furry Tale




It's natural that people find certain insects and animals scary I don't blame them. I wasn't, but what made me more compassionate towards them was Ruskin Bond he truly manages to drive all your fears of all creepy crawlies away. There is one story of his where he be friends a squirrel and I'd always wanted a squirrel for a pet, when I say a pet I don't mean anything that would include a cage but just enough friendship so that the squirrel would be trusting enough to come and take some treats from me. It didn't seem like a possibility, no amount of sitting still under a tree, or ground nuts scattered around the base of the tree to lure the furry creatures worked. Then one day when I was just about to go to school I saw this little thing on our drive way and when I first looked at it I thought it was a baby rat, on closer inspection I realised it was a baby squirrel! It was being preyed on by red ants, my friend and I got rid of the ants and put the little thing in a box a layer of cotton to keep it comfy. Now my friend and I had no idea as to what we were to do next we couldn't just leave it so we took it school with us and as was expected many voiced there concern and some came up with excellent ideas of how to feed it and get it healthy. On my way home i got a syringe and once I reached I fed the little thing diluted milk. It fortunately drank it. Baby squirrels are so soft and cute and this one had fallen from a height, and being a baby it naturally was very delicate, and I'm sure it was definitely injured. But I decided not to dwell much on what would happen, so again in the evening I fed it. Later when I checked on it, there was no movement and so I touched it and it did not move at all.

It saddened me so much, I didn't even get to know the blessed thing, but what little I did get to know I'd liked. I Dug it a little grave under a coconut tree and laid it to rest.( I hoped the other squirrel members would come pay their respects to it) But since that day I only used to leave some nuts scattered under trees and not wait around for any of them. Knowing that they ate it was enough. Such brief attachments would cause so much grief was something I hadn't anticipated.

Comments

Chaitra said…
hey i do remember the baby squirrel u had brought 2 school...
Chaitra said…
i do remember the cute baby squirrel we had tried to save...
mumofason said…
I love watching squirrels scurrying about. Always wondered if I could hold them and pet them but they are too fast for me :D

Popular posts from this blog

The Oceanic Velvet Cake with a Mother of Pearl Frosting©

Google Pixel XL - Review

Desitude